I figured with this kind of fabric, loose low crotch was the right way to go. I used the same pattern as my other low-crotch pants, but this time added small pockets and gathered the legs at the side. Half of my sewing time was spent working on the waistband. I made a V shaped waistband that closes with two snap buttons which are hidden underneath the big buttons. I ironed on interfacing all along the bottom of the V for extra strength around the gathers. I lined the waistband with an old T-shirt, because I really wanted to save some fabric for another garment. I only had a meter! Big pink buttons make for a funky finish, and voilà! Comfort zone expanded yet again.
Overall I'm very pleased with this. It worked out as I had imagined beforehand, which is always a relief. Although it took my waistband skills up to a next level, there is still a lot more room for improvement. I tried the stitch-in-the-ditch technique on the lining which went well, but that pointy corner was not intended. I left it there because it didn't bother me.
This is officially the last thing I have sewn for this challenge! The year is almost over! But don't worry, I've got a lot more in store for the next. See you on thursday the 4th!