This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Exit Sewalong

When I was trying to catch up on Sherry's Sewalong, I discovered it was a bit too complicated for me. I have never sewn a jacket before, and with all the alterations she uses it took me too much time figuring out how to apply them to my patterns. So, I resigned from the Sewalong and now just follow Burda's instructions. Here's where I am so far:


The wool is not easy to work with, it frays like crazy and it won't iron nice and flat. I still need to sew the sleeves and make the lining, but I think it will be quite pretty when finished! I really like the pointy lapels. I've put it aside last week to make place for another project, which turned out to be my new favourite pants. More on them later this week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you comment! I hope this works out for you, I think it will be really pretty when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!