I wanted to try and see if it would work to draw the bodice and collar as one piece instead of making a separate collar. I used the Renfrew top as a bodice block and expanded it for the collar. It worked out well, it's a nice design feature. I like the stiffness of the cowl-collar, it can be shaped into different forms. Not having a separate collar does mean that there has to be a seam down the middle. An excellent opportunity to add an extra feature by using the back of the fabric in the middle. It looks grey in the picture, but it's brown and white. I kept the cuffs and the waistband of the Renfrew for an easy finish, and I think it suits this design.
I'm very pleased with it, I think I've managed to give the design a certain boldness while using a kind of fabric that could look a bit twee when using the wrong pattern. And it's the first time I've not used my regular sewing machine at all. The inside looks perfect and almost store bought - except for the hand sewn collar edge. It's amazing how easy sewing knit and stretch fabrics has become with my serger!