This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thrift Store Treasures #4

The title of this post could easily have been 'I wish I made this'. It was a question I got asked a few times actually, and I was sorry I had to answer with 'no'. I found it in a thrift store whose racks I've had my eye on for a while. It's the kind of store that only sells the good vintage stuff, not the place to find 1€ bargains. I thought about altering it at first. Maybe lower that neckline, take some length off the skirt. But in the end, my sewing machine did not come near this dress. I thought I'd share it anyway because I love it so much! I find the shape and the use of batwing sleeves in combination with the placement of the stripes (OF WHICH SOME ARE MUSTARD) very inspirational . It also makes me feel like a woman. Which is OK for someone who just turned 28. The label says C&A, and also: Made in West Germany. Last time I looked, West Germany ceased to exist as such when the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. So this dress must be from before that time! Cool :) Our vintage wall paper had the same label by the way, made in West Germany. And my boots are from the 80's, too! I think I've found my time period :)

1 comment:

  1. I also like the sleeve/stripe combo. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!