Not much happened in the first half year because we were in Norway and my machine broke down. I did manage to make a tutorial for the mustard mini which drove people nuts until I added a video. The skirt appeared on Pinterest and got repinned like crazy (80.000 hits, can you believe it?) and then I got a serger for my birthday. I've been pretty productive since and new and exiting plans have started to form. But I'll tell you more about that when the time comes.
I liked doing a roundup last year to see what I've made, and which of those things were a succes. Here goes!
- The matching shrugs. Not the right pattern (because I eyeballed it instead of printing the pattern) and not the right material: already gave them away!
- Pink shirt refashion: wore it in Norway, but not back home. Gone!
- 2nd mini skirt: still wear it! More often than the first one. This one is half an inch longer and more comfy!
- Refashioned sweater: Practical for Norway, but just gave it away.
- Crazy maxi skirt. I refashioned it but haven't worn it yet. I'll finally show it to you later this week. so you can help me decide!
- Refashioned sweater. Not sure what happened to this one or why, but I don't have it anymore. Probably because it's still not my style. I do like the technique though.
- Mustard with eyes skirt. Do still wear it but not very often.
- Norwegian sweater. Yes! Looking forward to winter so I can wear it again.
- All serger sweater: Do still like it but it has stains that don't come off. Probably olive oil.
- Batwings with buttons. Wearing it right now!
- Cool shirt, pronounced by you. Should wear it more often!
- Altered men's shirt. Not good enough. Gone!
- Smocked top. Yes!
- Failed maxi. I've ripped it apart and dyed it. I have new plans for a circle skirt.
- Puzzle shirt. An great basic for warm days.
- Escher shirt. I wear it a lot, also a great basic piece.
- Perfect blouse. Still my favourite piece! It recieved its first (tiny) inevitable red wine stains this weekend.
- Summer dress for next year: turned into a summer dress for this year!
11 succesfull pieces, 6 bad ones. Of which 4 are refashioned items. Not too bad! I guess the general trend is that the most recent pieces always get worn the most. Last year the score was 5 bad ones, 14 good ones. But of those 14, another 5 have not made it to the end of this year. Plus, I gave the Dance pants to Stef and refashioned the party frock yet another time. I didn't like the purple, so I took it out, dyed the purple piece black and set it back in. I don't hang on to pieces I don't REALLY like anymore. If I have doubts about it, it will never be my favourite, I will always choose other pieces to wear instead and so it has to go. Simple!
So now I'm off to prepare a giveaway to celebrate this event and to distract you from the fact that my blogoversaire was actually yesterday. Ahem. The fact that my dad got married on friday has something to do with that, and also the fact that my new stepfamily is Belgian and they are known for their eating and drinking festivities. I blame the red wine stains on them, too. À plus tard!